Recently we upgraded our Hyperion product suite from 9 3 1 to 188.8.131.52.2.300.
I will list all the issues we faced on the road to latest and greatest hyperion product suite.
Its common practice of the users to reuse the smartview templates. When some of my users open smartview templates which were created in older version they get an error "COMMON PROVIDER SESSION TYPE MISMATCH". The error can be resolved by closing the sheet and open it again. However this is very annoying as some of the business users use Smart view for most part of their day. Oracle suggested the following resolution
1) Open workbook (Don't refresh),
2) In SmartView panel navigate to the required connection and connect.
3) Right click on connection and click on "Adhoc analysis".
4) Choose the following option on prompt "Reuse sheet content and pov".
5) A message box will display with following info "Old SmartView grid format detected, This operation will convert the grid into the new format, do you want to continue?" click Yes.
6) After that save the workbook and user can continue normally.